Registration is now open for both Field Hockey. You can head over to our registration site: Wagdogs.com and sign up for the Fall 2015 Season.
Our long time Registrar/Webmaster is stepping down from CYO Board at the end of this school year, and we are looking for someone take over these duties. This position does require some technical internet proficiencies, but nothing too technical. Our current registrar, John, will be there to guide/help should any issues or questions arise throughout the year. He will provide detailed instructions for setting up and managing registrations for sports. Also, how to post to the CYO website.
The main duties (and preferred skills) include:
- Comfortable with internet technologies.
- Email communications via email broadcast systems (like MailChimp) and one to one emails.
- Ability to work with Office (or equivalent) Word and Excel documents.
- Manage registrations utilizing the CYO recommended system (WagDogs.com)
A nice to have, but not 100% necessary, is experience with an internet CMS. WordPress, to be more specific. Also, comfort with Gmail.
There will be detailed documentation provided. Many of these steps are automated where possible. Most of the year is answering a few scattered questions regarding our programs and attending CYO Board meetings. The busiest time of year is during the final registration weeks for each season. Coaches will need frequent updates on new registrations and updated roster sheets. Our busiest time is during Basketball registrations before the seasons start in late October/early November.
If you have questions and/or you’re interested this position, please contact the current registrar, John Lauber, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your child love to run or need extra conditioning for another sport? Does he or she want to try a new sport? Would you like to meet more parish families? Did you know running has been shown to improve academic performance, self esteem and confidence on and off the track? Then we hope you will consider joining us for…
St. Monica / St. Norbert CYO Spring Track & Field (March – May)
Two teams working together toward success!
- Students in grades K-8 are welcome to join – no experience necessary! **
- Evening practices at Conestoga: “Pee Wees” (Born ’06 or later) practice Tuesdays; Older children run Tues/Th & work on field events each Wednesday;
- Sunday meets at Haverford High School begin late March;
- Registration cost as low as $60** for the entire season! Just add sneakers! Price INCLUDES free entry into Saint Katharine’s “SK5K” on May 9th;
- Age 9 before 1/1/15? You have the chance to run Franklin Field during Penn Relays!
- A fun, team environment combined with hard work promotes the teams’ common goal: personal best!
** CYO rules state that you must be a parishioner or student of St. Norbert, St. Monica, OLA or St. Isaac’s. If you are a parishioner at OLA or St. Isaac’s, or if you are a student at St. Norbert but parishioner of St. Monica, you may register for either team. Financial assistance available if needed.
Registration is open NOW through March 10th at Wagdogs.com **
We hope to see you on the track! Questions? Reach out to any or all of us. If you don’t hear back right away it’s probably because we’re out for a run!
children at Devon &
children at SNS &
children at SNS
children at Hillside & T/E Middle
children at T/E Middle,
St. Joseph’s University
Never limit where running can take you. I mean that geographically, spiritually, and of course, physically. – Bart Yasso
High School Girls and Boys basketball is now open for registration. You can go to Wagdogs and sign your son or daughter up now. We still need Coaches too, so please don’t hesitate to fill out a coaching application if you would like to be a coach/assistant coach. We are always looking for help.
We encourage those students in Grades 1-4 to sign up for St. Monica’s Biddy Ball program.
As always, please keep an eye out for more updates, and have a GREAT season!